Sunday, January 08, 2006

1.8.06

I would have to say, as of now, my three favourite movies are American Beauty, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and the Shawshank Redemption. Why i like these movies, i couldn't completely explain. I suppose i find all aesthetically pleasing, both in my mind and to my eyes.

Within the past week, i've found a descent analogy to explain my thoughts about people's behaviour, in some aspects. I've always believed that every sane human, and maybe insane human, contains a bit of their true self.. does that make sense? Let's say that you fall in love with someone, and you know them...their true self. In twenty years, you find yourself looking at the same physical person, but they've changed. You can't see past their eyes anymore, and you can't...fall in love, so to speak. Well my belief is that the same person that you were once able to "fall in love with" or see into, is still there. Their 'core' is still the same, although the 'crust' has changed or developed in a different way than it once was. And how thick the 'crust' is, differs. Yeah?

..Why is ignorance bliss? I find that ignorance is stupidity, in many aspects.. but, i suppose there's an understandable reason to the saying.

I like to believe that quality is more influential than quantity, in most cases. I'm not entirely sure of this, but i figure that minimal quality times maximum quantity is less than maximum quality times minimal quantity... in our reality, that is. If our reality was infinite in all aspects, i would believe the opposite. Then again, the theory of reality and knowledge have slight wrinkles in them.. so to speak.

Too many words to describe how i feel and what i think... i'll keep trying, though. Anyways, Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home