Wednesday, December 14, 2005

12.14.05

Ahh the sweet smell of winter break.

Yet another day of boredom has taken over my simple life. It was a good sense of boredom, though. For the past couple days i have crammed my hours with studying and homework and finals. I have also been preparing my room for a new paint job. I like the neutrals; browns and that sort. Something about them comfort me.

Occasionally, memories of highschool appear in my mind. I've been going to public school for my whole life, and just last year i decided to depart from it all. At first, freshman year seemed to look extremely casual and familiar. Further along the year friends grew apart and grouped within their own cliques. School was like a movie, the stereotypical 80's highschool movie. As time flew on, my views changed. Instead of looking at these groups with disgust, i would laugh, smile, and be on with myself. At lunch, i would sit alone and think. It seemed as if nothing could ever bother me, i was in peace. Sometimes kids would ask others, 'What happened to anthony? Why is he so sad all the time?' Heh, sad? No. I was so happy. I am happy. Just because songs are slow, it doesn't they are sad songs.

I plan on going back to Morro Bay High next year. I want to go back to Morro Bay High next year. I've been going to the local community college and gaining loads of credits, which should ease the amounts of homework i would have. I've also improved much with my drumming, and i figure the jazz band could benefit off of them, hopefully. I also have new friends now. I have old friends as well. Socially, i don't think I've missed out much, seeing how i am well off with the social life i have now. One thing i do miss, along with my times in Mr. Badrigian's english, or rather, philosophy class, i miss sitting by myself. Sitting along the three foot high wall by myself, looking at the sky, the incredible sky. I didn't know, nor care, that kids would be asking about my conditions, simply because it was they who didn't know, nor care. I wouldn't hear the commotion that they were making, either. I would be in my own world, my own peaceful world. Sitting alone, along the three foot high wall, by myself, thinking thoughts; it is one thing i am looking forward to, when i go back to Morro Bay High.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

People get hung up on their cliques and expect everyone to have that need. Getting out of that mindset can be liberating. You write well. I mentioned your blog in this post.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home