Tuesday, November 29, 2005

11.29.05

Oh sweet sweet muffin, do away with thy pain of hunger and indigestion...

I haven't been my usual, pensive self lately. I'm sure it is because of my homework and lack of sleep that I've been experiencing.

I have, though, been very thankful. It's strange how this feeling came over me a bit before thanksgiving. It's strange to think that you can lose someone, or someone could lose you at this very moment. Anything can happen, literally anything. I don't find this sad, because everything happens simply because it happens. It is strange though...

I've been facinated, lately, with the nature of the human mind. Things like, "What makes us love?" and "In what cercumstance does man lose himself in such a way to where he physically kills another?" Strange questions, yes. There are, of course, millions upon millions of thoughts and questions being processed along with those, seeing how those are only examples.

What facinates me most, is that there is always a logical answer. Two very opposing, yet very corresponding, categories of this type of logic are science and religion. The answer to "What makes us love?" could be in scientific terms, "Pheromones, attraction to appearance, and attraction to personality." I find this reasonable and very true. Another answer that could be in religious terms is, "Because God meant it to be, God has a plan for everyone, and this is just a part of it." I find this, too, reasonable and very true. The question isn't necissarily a great example, but then there is the question, "What made this place we call 'Earth?'"

Well, some scientists believe that matter in space gathered together, forming a structure like the Sun. This Sun, over billions and billions of years, deteriorated and formed an environment in which organisms formed and so on. There are billions of other theories out there.

Many religions / religious doers, tend to disagree with these scientific theories. In Christianity, for example, the Bible states that God formed Earth in six days. Many other theories are out there, but I'm not going to explain them all. I do think, though, that both science and religion correspond with each other. When reading the Bible, i don't necissarily believe the physical story that it tells. I don't necissarily disagree with them either. I pay more attention to the moral of the story in general. It is sort of like when you read Aesop's fables, the moral is what Aesop is trying to get across to you, not necissarily the physical story.

I'm glad i believe what i do, and understand, for the most part, what other people believe as well. As long as there is truth behind the answer, i can usually understand it. Everyone has a beautiful mind, as long as it isn't courrupted by the things of this world. I would love to swim upon these beautiful thoughts of everyone.
Slowly, i am...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home