Saturday, November 26, 2005

11.26.05

Today was a good day. I tore down all of my surf and skate pictures that i had posted on my walls, untouched for about 3 and a half years. It was refreshing.

Last night i had an amazing talk with my friend, online...

I asked her, "If you had one wish, what would it be; other than 'more wishes' or something like that." She said, "Probably something Miss America esque...like to end world poverty/hunger." We went on into a deep discussion about how much power you could have, with only one wish. Having a bunch of wishes, could be like playing the roll of God. Our discussion went along this basis...

If you wished for a bunch of wishes, an eternity of wishes, what would reality be? Nothing.

Of course, you could say, "But i would only use the wishes in troublesome situations, and i would think about every wish very carefully." But having such power... the power to do anything you desired...

If i had such wishes, there would most likely be some point in my life in which i would wish for something stupid...and after i realized what I've done, i would most likely wish myself out of the consequence. Therefore, what would reality be? It would be nothing. It would be non other than something you can manipulate and control. There would be no point in reality, generally speaking.

I just then realized that there are things on this Earth that have such power. Not the power to change the physical reality, but to change our own, mental reality. Things like drugs and maybe even other 'sins' and 'unlawful things' that i can't think of right now. You can take a drug, a mind-altering one. Doing so would simply alter your brain to the point in which you are 'high.' When you are high, you experience a new reality. I see it as an unnatural, fake reality. That is my own opinion, though...

People may take drugs to get out of situations of some sort... once you take it, you are put in this new world. Once you come back to the physical world, you may go back to this "new world" again. And again. And again. It's like a wish. You can get out of your bad situation and forget about it, truly, for a moment. People don't realize that their "new world" is fake. One that a substance brought them into. Some get lost in this reality, and stay lost. It is sad...

I felt happy after this conversation. I've always known these things in my heart, but could never get it in words. It was the first night i have. Even tonight, i had trouble turning my thoughts into words. It was an amazing conversation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kendal said...

this is beautiful.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home